Daily Announcements for the Week of 11/5/18
Posted 11/05/2018 03:06PM
Daily Announcements for the Week of 11/5/18
- The senior panoramic picture will be taken on Thursday, November 15 at 10:30 during advisory. You will have ONLY one opportunity to purchase these photos as a memento of your time here at Legacy High School. You MUST bring your money the very next day, Friday, November 16th to be able to purchase this keepsake. Packages range from $25 to $45 dollars. The company takes payment in the form of cash, credit or checks payable to Goldbeck Company.
- A representative from the University of Nebraska will be here Tuesday to share with students about their university.
- Next Week is HERO Week – we will have Hero Week Shirts for sale today through the end of the week.
- If you are interested in trying out for girls soccer, there is a mandatory meeting Tuesday at 3:10 pm or Thursday at 6:50 am with Coach Hallak in room A-S205.
We will be honoring faculty, family members, and friends who served our Nation with a Veteran’s Day Luncheon on Monday, November 12th from 10:55 am- 1:20pm.
All Veterans are invited to attend this free Veterans Day Luncheon hosted by Legacy High School. If you have a family member who is a veteran or is currently serving we would like you to attend with your family member our luncheon. Please sign up at the Stuco store – there will be qr codes to scan and sign up.
- Don’t forget to bring your canned goods for the Broncos Set a Table. – We will have a Class Challenge on Thursday, November 8th. The 2nd block class that brings the most canned goods on that day will get a visit from the Snack/Candy Cart – We will send an email asking for a can count that morning at 9:05 – the class with the most cans will get the candy cart that morning. You must have a minimum of 20 cans in order to qualify for the candy cart. Each class must participate separately – you may not combine classes unless you get permission from Ms. Cavnar.
- The annual Mansfield ISD Toys for Tots toy drive will be Dec 5th starting at 5:00 PM at The Center. We need everyone to donate one toy or money to buy a toy for this worthy cause. The toys we collect are given to children all over the Dallas-Fort Worth area who won’t receive holiday toys due to their parent's financial situation. Here’s where we step in! We can be the reason why a local youngster smiles on Christmas morning. Bring a new, unwrapped toy OR money to any assistant principal’s office by Friday, Nov 30th. Last year, we contributed over 1,000 toys from Legacy. We can do it again. Let’s do this!
- Interact Club: We will be meeting Wednesday after school to prepare for our Friendsgiving next week. Meeting starts at 3 pm in the counseling office.
- Environmental Club is holding their first interest session in the library on November 12 from 3:00-3:45 pm! There will be snacks and fun flyers! It is open to everyone and don’t be late!
- There will be a mandatory girls track meeting for any girl/boys distance runner who plans to run track in 2019 in Coach Beckler's classroom (AJ104) right after school on Thursday, Nov. 15th. If you cant make it, stop by, sign up, and grab a packet from Coach Beckler.
- Are you a senior planning on attending Prairie View A & M next Fall? Then this scholarship is for you! Prairie View A & M University has partnered with MISD and is offering multiple scholarships to MISD students. The scholarship is a one time non-renewable $5000 scholarship. See the counseling office for more details. The deadline to apply is December 5th.
- The Bronco Superfan “I came to school on time” winner today is Helen Baker. Helen has won a Starbucks gift card! Don’t forget you must check in before 7:30 everyday in order to win. The contest will go through December 14.
- Christmas Pajamas are on sale! StuCO is selling two T-shirt options and red/black flannel pajama pants for Christmas. The proceeds from this sale will help fund our Toys for Tots campaign. We will not order extra this is a PRESALE only.veteran or is currently serving we would like you to attend with your family member our luncheon. Please sign up at the Stuco store – there will be qr codes to scan and sign up.
- If you have been identified as one of the top 10% of graduating seniors this year AND you are interested in attending Texas A&M University next year, please stop by the Counseling Office to sign up to meet with a Texas A&M Representative. The representative will be on campus Tuesday, November 13th @11:30 am. Please come by the counseling office and sign up to receive a pass for that day.
- It's Time! Time to buy your yearbook. Don't be left out on the only thing you'll have from high school 10, 20, 30, 40 years from now. This year, you'll have the option to add your own photo to the cover. Order from the link at legacystudentmedia.com or therideronline.com.
- Students, styrofoam cups are not allowed in classrooms. You may have drinks in class, but they must be in a reusable cup or water bottle. The reason we do not allow styrofoam cups is because when you drop them on the floor the liquid spills and creates an unsafe environment for all of us. Be sure to bring a reusable plastic or Yeti style cup for your drinks each day.
- If you would like to try out for girl's soccer and you missed the meetings, swing by room A-S 205 and see Coach Hallak for tryout information.
- Girls: If you lost a wallet, please see the bookkeeper. She has a couple in the lost and found.
- Reminder: No hats or hoodies are allowed to be worn inside the school building.
- 2nd Session Ben Barber students MUST remain in cafeteria until the dismissal bell rings at the end of the school day. If you are caught roaming the halls, you will be escorted to AC immediately and you will serve the following full day in AC as well.
- The Silver Spurs organization of this week is band, directed by Mr. Hoffman and Mr. Nance! Thank you for all your hard work during practice and half time performances! We wish you luck for district!
- The JROTC Department will be hosting a Veteran’s Day Flagpole Ceremony in front of Legacy HS Monday morning at 7:00. They invite the entire campus to attend this 10 minute ceremony. See you there.
- Attention Students, act now so that you do not get locked out of your school accounts over Thanksgiving. Your password will expire soon and if it expires over Thanksgiving, you will not be able to reset it until you return to campus on Nov. 26th. This means you will not be able to access Canvas, Google Drive, school email or Skyward. Stop by the library sometime before the Nov 16th and reset your password before it expires.